08 February 2010

Blue school

Well from MY last post - not Megan's - I know I wasn't the only one busy this weekend. I'm back from my conference!
If I tried to describe it to you, it would sound super cheesy, but looking back I actually really liked it. I guess I'm more focused on different things than I was last month.
Speaking of last month, I've decided to make monthly resolutions instead of new years resolutions. Who keeps new years resolutions anyway? No one, that's who. So by making monthly goals I stick to them more successfully than I would otherwise. Just something I'd like to share.
This month I'm going to focus on other people. I realized I'm very privileged to be going on multiple vacations these next three months and I think I need to be more grateful for the people who have made it happen, and the people who have supported me in general.
Along with this realization came another, as is what usually happens when you have ADD. I don't really feel like sharing it here, but it just made me a lot more aware. Aware of what exactly - I don't know. But I am more aware.
Today I was listening to music (like I do every day), and I came across a song that really stuck with me:
"But if you're from where I'm from / Then you know a bigger burden comes with it / And that's what I carry when you see me on a hustle / I talking as a walking document of our struggle."
I don't know. I just liked it a LOT.
I was a little stressed out today, so hopefully I'll have some real writing for you tomorrow. Goodnight!
P.S. Shoutout to my facebook father. Looove you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment