21 February 2010

The Buried Life

You could say it's an obsession with a tv show - which for me does not happen often - but I would say it's inspiration. I have constantly read books and watched movies about accomplishing things before you die but I have never really thought about it. Today, however, I did think about it. I made a list, and I plan on adding onto it. The first 31 are from The Buried Life's list, and 32-63 are from books I have (starred ones are things I have accomplished, stars with question marks are half done). The rest are my own. I didn't cut anything out... that's how my blog is, un-edited, un-cut. It's me. That's my list for you.

1. Get a tattoo*
2. Start a dance in a public place
3. Plant a tree
4. Destroy a computer
5. Get a college degree
6. Start a huge wave
7. Write a book
8. Learn how to play an instrument
9. Give a stranger a $100 bill
10. Send a message in a bottle
11. Scream at the top of your lungs*
12. Make a big donation to charity*
13. Pay for someone’s groceries
14. Win bingo
15. Skydive
16. Climb a large mountain*
17. Go on a blind date
18. Donate blood
19. Spend a week in silence
20. See a dead body
21. Make an important speech*
22. Take a kid on a toy-shopping spree
23. Throw a surprise party
24. Make a music video*
25. Fall in love*
26. Win an award*
27. Run a marathon
28. Jump off a waterfall
29. Ride a rollercoaster*
30. Learn how to surf
31. Host a lemonade stand
32. Run up an escalator the wrong way*
33. See a ghost
34. Act in a play*
35. Pull an all-nighter*
36. “Turn back time”
37. Write a song/rap*
38. See the greatest movies of all time
39. Take part in a TV show
40. Spend Christmas in another country
41. Meet your idol*
42. Build an igloo
43. Sing in front of an audience*
44. See your name in print*
45. Glue coins to the floor
46. Decide what you want to be when you grow up
47. Swim with whales/sharks/dolphins/fish*
48. Catch a fish with your bare hands
49. Meet someone with your own name
50. Stage dive/crowd surf
51. Bungee jump
52. See an erupting volcano*
53. Stay in the best suite in a five star hotel
54. Throw a dart in a map and travel where it lands
55. Scuba dive*
56. Dine and dash*
57. Complete a road trip across America
58. Score the winning goal*
59. Be part of a flash mob
60. Learn to fly a plane
61. Skinny dip at midnight*
62. Get revenge
63. Be an extra in a movie
64. Get a group together and dress in all black and go to a public place to dance like the iPod commercials (credit: Nora the Explorer)
65. Have sex*
66. Flash someone in public*
67. Help hurricane victims*
68. Visit every continent (minus Antarctica?)
69. Tell someone how I really feel*
70. Get into my dream school*
71. Kiss my childhood crush*
72. Start a blog*
73. Keep my blog for a year*
74. Get drunk out of my mind*
75. Graduate with a legacy*
76. Be told I am an inspiration*
77. Tell someone how much they have changed me*
78. Bake cookies for a homeless person
79. Make out with someone random*
80. Date someone for more than a year
81. Learn how to pole dance
82. Fast for a day
83. Convert to a religion
84. Learn how to use chopsticks*
85. Order something off of a menu that I don’t know what it is*
86. Learn the dance in the Buttons music video
87. Run through a sunflower field
88. Be nocturnal for a week
89. Do a stunt straight out of Jackass
90. Talk in an accent for a day
91. Work in a drive through or an ice cream shop
92. Be applauded by more than a thousand people*

3 comments: