23 February 2010

Dienstag; Tuesday tellings, week 1

Hello Tuesday. I really like Tuesdays. And after realizing my friend posts quotes every day, I have decided to post a secret every week. I thought about doing this every day, but then I would run out of secrets, and I would be left with no mystery. Yes, I do realize my blog is partially named "no mystery to me," but that is more about not holding back. I want a little bit of mystery in me; I like surprising people.
So. My secret for today is that I absolutely cannot stand eating in front of people. All my life I have been constantly ridiculed for my eating habits and my lack of variety in my diet; honestly, I blame it on my parents. They worked all the time and babysitter only cooked simple foods for me. There are very few people I can eat comfortably around, and I am not afraid to tell you if you are one of them. Think of it as a little acceptance ritual.

That's my secret for you. Some will be very serious, some funny, some will be the first time I am even admitting them to myself.
It's the little things that truly matter, at least to me.
Trust me, I notice.

I remember the first time we
Spoke.
It was an accident.
I didn't even know you had my number.
In fact, we did not speak.
Simply a typed up
Message,
Composed by distracted thumbs
As I mustered an apology
That she stole my
Phone.
Surprisingly, you carried on with the conversation,
Leaving me dumbfounded,
Crafting clever responses after several
Minutes of thinking.
You read my writing,
Or so you have
Told
Me; I am not sure I have ever told you how
Reassuring that is, that someone still
Looks forward to reading something
I have done.
Maybe I have not told you thank you,
Or maybe I have,
Buried beneath your
Apologies.
But do not be sorry.
You are honest,
And that is all I really need.

4 comments:

  1. :)
    I also think your secret idea is clever.
    P.S. I knew that one

    ReplyDelete
  2. and also. does that say "lesbian proverb" on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it says Serbian. But I'm glad you read my blog, whoever you are!

    ReplyDelete