05 February 2012

II. A Game of Chess (Stanzas 5 & 6)

I remember
When I first saw your gaping mouth, your lifeless eyes
‘Are you alive, or not? Is there nothing in your
head?’
Please

Doctor, doctor won’t you please prescribe me something
A day in the life of someone else?
Because I’m a hazard to myself
I’m my own worst enemy
‘What can I do now? What can I do?’
‘My capabilities running through my fingers like
grains of sand, I shall rush out
‘As I am, no glance in a mirror
‘No costume on my face, so. Where do I go now?
‘Where do I ever go?’
A meeting at noon.
And if it snows, by the fireplace we’ll be again,
And we shall play a game of chess.
We are just as much of no one as the hollow eyes
Over coffee cups,
We are vapors, temporary,
The steam billowing from the milky brown elixir
We exist, we rise, then we disappear.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog. Great post. It is very true, people must learn how to learn before they can learn. lol i know it sounds funny but its very true. grey fabric

    ReplyDelete