05 February 2012

II. A Game of Chess (Stanzas 2, 3, & 4)

‘The dreams are bad tonight. Yes, bad. Stay with me.
‘Comfort me. Why are you so cold. Empty.
‘What were you thinking? What thinking?
What?
‘I never knew what you were doing. Remember.’

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

‘What is that noise?’
Death’s twilight kingdom
‘What is that noise now? Do you hear the thunder?’
Nothing again nothing.
‘Do
‘You hear nothing? Did you think nothing? Do you
remember
‘Nothing?’

Note: there are several indentations that I intended to make here that show up in Microsoft Word but not Blogger. Same goes for other stanzas.

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog. Great post. It is very true, people must learn how to learn before they can learn. lol i know it sounds funny but its very true. stretch woven fabric

    ReplyDelete