01 July 2010

Primero

Well he's got another album out, and every song makes me think of you, of course. Any note of violin, a word of Jack's Mannequin and instantly my mind is flooded.
I thought you were worthless, absolutely worthless, you know?
No more important to me than the gum I spat out this morning, no more significant than the daily black coffee, just a routine of making and pouring. You were nothing, you see?
And yet you were everything, absolutely everything.
The reason my grades dropped, 'cause we were texting all the time. The reason I was off coffee, 'cause you gave me a buzz without the caffeine. The reason why when my phone rang a silly love song played. We were so stereotypical, you know that? I started my day with you, a brown paper bag always waiting in my locker with my favorite breakfast, except on Thursdays, but you knew that.
We knew each other's schedules backwards and forwards, and you promised if I ever needed someone, you would be there in a second.
But that was the mistake, can't you see? You were the reason I needed someone, but I had no one because you wanted to keep things a secret. I thought that was cute and mysterious, so I played along.
Yet you were there when I needed you most. And you were the best I could have asked for.
You broke me, but at the same time you shaped me. Your letters sit tucked away, but I know exactly where they are. When you ask how I am doing, you make my day without even trying.
You threw out my letters because we treated each other like shit, but I wish you still had them so you would know how much someone could care about you like I did.
I hope you meant every word, 'cause I was real every second with you.
You gave me everything I wanted, and showed me everything I feared.
You were nothing, absolutely nothing.
You were everything, absolutely everything.

And now you are stuck, and all I want to do is help you, but I don't think you want me to.


"There was this time when everything seemed to have come together. And so obviously it was time to go and screw it up."

Hey, thank you for making me feel though.

No comments:

Post a Comment